Haven't posted in a while, not much going on. As of right now I am sitting on the couch with my sweet Macy girl curled up next to me, eating Wheat Thins, watching "While You Were Sleeping". It looks like a beautiful day outside but it is COLD. Bitter cold. I haven't even gotten out of my pajamas and it is almost 2:00 pm! This morning I got up and caught up on my Beth Moore study on Esther. This weeks session was about mean girls-and how women are often women's worst enemy-we definately can be mean! She also said that a mean girl will bring out our mean girl quicker than anything! I am guilty of that lately. In the last 5 months I have started a new job that is working with primarily women. For someone who has worked in the car business (major man's world) for the last 8 years, I never knew how awful it would be to work with women! Drama is an understatement! Men are SO much easier to work with! They are ruthless. I have resorted to eating lunch in my car because I can't bring myself to eat in the breakroom among all of them. Granted that all the more reason makes me the target of the chats, but it is better than being in there listening to it all! After this weeks lesson I am just really going to try not to focus on their attitudes and behaviors and just worry about myself and how I react to them.
Tuesday my MeeMaw goes to the oncologist. We did find out that the cancer was in her lymphnodes, which isn't good news. She has done remarkably well since the surgery. She is in really good spirits, which is good but doens't surprise me-she is quite the trooper. I so wish I could be more like her, just take life as it comes and move on. I guess that comes with the wisdom of being almost 90 years old.
There is a lady at work who has a sister that was just diagnosed with breast cancer. They have now found out that it is in her lymph system, there are two types of cancer and it has spread to the other breast as well. She is 47 years old with children. She lives in N Carolina so my coworker has been there with her. As much as I dearly, whole heartedly love my grandmother and will miss her when she isn't here with us anymore-I cannot wrap my mind around the situation if it were my sister. To even think it just takes.... knocks the breath out of me. My. Sister. Everyone has a grandmother-but a sister is a gift. Not everyone has a sister and only sisters can understand the bond. And ya'll, my sisters aren't even my blood relatives-my being adopted makes the bond we share all that much more important. I have friends that are as close as sisters, and in my heart of hearts they fall into that same category. So, not that my situation isn't as serious, but I just can't help but pray for my coworker and her family...her sisters passing at this point is unfortunately sooner rather than later...and this women is a mother, a daughter, sister, friend...and her life was changed in an instant.
On a much lighter note, I ordered a steam mop last night online. My kitchen is much too big to "on my knees'' mop...and I just don't like Swiffers or their cousins...I am so excited about my steam mop because it doens't use chemicals, the map pads are washable and...two easy payments of $44.95 make me a happy girl ya'll! Dang my mother in law for introducing me to HSN. Shopping. At home. In my pjs. While drinking coffee. Can I get an AMEN?
Ok, back to laundry now. I will keep all 5 of you that read this posted on Tuesday after my grandmother's appointment.
Hope you all have a blessed week. The weather is supposed to be beautiful here this week...which I must say upsets me only because it is 75 during the week when I am stuck inside and 45 on the weekends! What is up with that?? This girl is ready for some Spring...
Style Showcase 361
3 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment