Sunday, April 13, 2008

Wonderful Weekend

This weekend was wonderful. Friday night Monica, Troy and Aivry came in from Allen. We had dinner at Leal's and then Monica and I went to Wichita. Of course our evening started with a trip to Starbucks. I am not sure what I was thinking because I opted for an extra shot of espresso in my Java Chip no whip non fat frap! Not smart. The rest of the evening was full of giggles and late night shopping at Walmart. It doesn't get that much better when my Monica is around. Jamie, Liam and my mom and dad stayed the night Friday night out at Doris and Finley's...so I invited everyone over to my house Saturday morning for a huge breakfast. Dad and Finley didn't make it because they were golfing, but everyone else came out and we had a good time. We had eggs, biscuits, homemade gravy (thanks to Monica), sausage, bacon and hashrbown casserole! I am awful about estimating food for a bunch of people-I always have leftovers. Barry was really excited about those when he got home last night! After breakfast Monica, Troy and Aivry left and went out to Deercreek to visit her mom. Doris and Mom took Liam out to the country (that boy is a country boy at heart) and Jamie and I went to Wichita to do some running around. We shopped, had lunch and a good visit. I miss hanging out with my sisters, it is hard to do with me living away and they are always busy with kiddos. She is preggo and due at the end of July-and I am so excited to see my new neice! Saturday night we went back out to the country and I got the pleasure of going fishing with Liam, PawPaw and Uncle Finley. I am posting this from the lap top, so I can't post any pictures yet, but I promise I will once I move to the office. Liam had such a good time fishing with PawPaw and Uncle Finley. He "caught" a few little fish,but couldn't really comprehend that the minnow was the bait, and not a really little fish he had caught! We were so proud of him when he went over to Uncle Finley and got a worm-and brought it to PawPaw! He was so cute! Pics soon to follow...

Barry got home last night and is home for the next TWELVE days! He took some vacation time and I am so excited to have him home. I am trying to get all my homework done so that I don't have so much to do while he is here. Wednesday night we are leaving to go to Pampa to visit his mom. It is her birthday and she was sweet enough to put us up in a hotel for our four day stay. She knows that we are looking forward to getting way and wanting to rest. I teased her that this was just her idea of trying to get grandbabies! Setting the stage!

I love Sundays. Sitting on the couch, blogging with Paula Deen on TV! Barry was sweet and got up and went and got donuts for breakfast. Unfortunately I have some homework, so I will blog pics again when I can get in there!

I hope that everyone had a good weekend!

1 comment:

Libby said...

How fun! What a great weekend, we're really sad that we missed it, I'm sure Grace would have had a blast, but I'm glad that y'all got to visit and hang out...count us in for sure next time! Can't wait to see the pics!!