Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Let's sit and chat, shall we?

Let's catch up, shall we? I left bloggerville because I got frusterated-I put up that picture of me and it was HUGE and I couldn't figure out how to get it off! Every time I would log onto blog it was just staring at me and so I just had to take a break. Last night I finally figured out how to get that awful thing off there, so for a change I just changed my background instead. So...where to begin....

My younger sister Libby, had her second little girl on July 14th. Her name is Hailey Lynn Melton. She is an absolute angel. I was blessed to go stay with them the weekend after they brought her home and help them get settled in their new home in Wylie. So many new beginnings for them-I am so excited to see what the Lord has in store for her and her family, and so proud! It was sad for me to go stay down there and not see my Gracie Googles! She was visiting her GiGi and Grandpa while Mom and Dad had some time at home with Hailey. I know she had a blast, but I also know that Libby and Kyle are aching to see that sweet child! Things are so quiet without her! I seriously cannot imagine life without these sweet kiddos!
Here is sweet baby Hailey-isn't she sweet??
This is one of my favorite pics of Gracie-she is SUCH a ham!

Jamie, my older sister, goes to be induced this Friday-and I get to be there! I do have a really good boss who is letting me take another three day weekend to spend with family. I have never gotten to really be there when a neice or nephew was born, so I feel so blessed to get to be at the hospital instead of getting play by play via text message! I can't wait to meet sweet baby Lila Ann...Liam is going to be such a good big brother!
Sweet Liam is definately all boy!

Clay and Jana welcomed their second baby, Zane, back in March. I don't have any current pictures, but he is a chunky monkey! So sweet...And Ashlyn is such a good big sister!


Ash and sweet baby Zane

We also celebrated my MeeMaw's 89th birthday in June. I don't have any pics from that, but we all had a good time getting together to visit and eat! It is amazing to see the matriarch of our family...and how the family continues to grow right before us-I am so proud to call her my MeeMaw. She had a really good time and enjoyed seeing everyone.

That about wraps it up as far as family goes....

Barry is still working at Halliburton is really likes it, except for the time away from home. Six days is a long time to be away from ME! I kid, I kid...but really, to work out in the 100 degree weather and then have to live in a hotel for 5 nights...bless his heart, I am so spoiled. He works so hard for our family!

I am wrapping up my last summer class now. Classes end Aug 6th and I will officially graduate on September 22. I cannot even tell you how excited I am and so relieved that it is finally over! I can't believe I am going to be a college graduate! Now...what I will do next is another story...for another blog!

On top of working 50+hours a week and going to school full time I am in the middle of planning a few parties. Barry will be turning 30 on July 29th! We are having a party for him in August when his mom comes to visit. I am helping host a baby shower for long time, dear friend Amanda...cannot wait to meet baby Riley! I am also planning my own graduation party-yeah, yeah, I know!

Times are busy at the Newton house-I will post pics of sweet baby Lila when I get home Sunday!

Take care and everyone (like so many people read this!) have a good weekend!!















1 comment:

Libby said...

I'm so proud of you for updating!! Love the new layout, but I did like the pic you had up:)