Saturday, September 27, 2008

I GRADUATED!






What a crazy past month it has been since my last post! Here's a quick update....First off, I quit my job at Four Stars, things just weren't working out and I really wanted to find a job in Wichita-that wasn't in the car business! So, my gracious husband let me quit and I have been foot loose and fancy free for the past few weeks. After alot of applying and sending out resumes, I got a call this past Friday that I got a job at Midwestern State in the Radiological Science Department working with Undergrad Students and helping them get their degrees. It is very hard to get a job at MSU, so I am just thrilled that they chose me. I will be considered a state employee, so the benefits are amazing-something you just don't have in the car business!

Last Sunday was my graduation party here in Henrietta. I had tons of family and friends make the trip up here to celebrate with me. It was so much fun, my mom and sisters did an amazing job with food, etc. The day was perfect! Then Monday was my actual graduation day. And it too was perfect. Even though I was a nervous wreck about walking across stage! Thankfully I got my empty diploma jacket with grace and never missed a beat, though I was told I looked stiff and nervous-and for good reason!! After graduation my grandparents took Barry and I to eat at the Cracker Barrell, which was some much needed home cookin'!

I wish I could say Fall was in the air. Today I spent my afternoon putting out all of my fall decor and lighting fall scented candles...but I have figured out that no matter what I try to do or how much pumpkin spice creamer I put in my coffee-when it is 90+ degrees outside I just can't get into it! We were at the Bearcat football game last night and it was so hot sitting there!
Ok, here are pics...

This is baby Lila waiting for the party to get started! Is that bow and outfit not the most precious thing you have ever seen?? I have some pretty sweet neices!
This is baby Hailey-she had just woken up from a nap-see,what did I tell ya?? Sweet babies!
This is me and my grandparents...excuse the movie posters in the background, the graduation was at the Air Force Base theater, so it looks funny!
Me and my mom and dad before graduation started...
Me with Barry's mom and her husband-there were just too many cameras to look at!
Ok, this pic is creepy to me because of the three eye balls all looking in the same direction! weird...
And I can graduate college but I cannot figure out how to turn this picture around the right way-it was in my picture file the right way, but once it uploaded to blogger, it turned...and I can't fix it-sorry! But here is me and my sweet man-without him the day would not have been possible. Love me some B.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new job!!! That is awesome. I would totally love for you to have helped me graduate when I was in college. A friendly, helpful face is always nice to see!

Libby said...

Love the pics...especially those of the girls...they are pretty sweet, huh? We're so proud and happy for you! Can't wait to hear how the new job goes!!

Michelie said...

I am so proud for you. I'm sorry I couldn't be at your graduation. We have been told this year that basically we could only be gone if we were on our death bed, or we could be "let go". I am so proud that you have a job at MSU. Good for you for getting away from the car business.

Marc and Laura Rose said...

CONGRATULATIONS, Lynds! I know it's been a long, hard road, but you did it! I can't wait to get together - it's been such a long time...and you do have some adorable neices.
Love ya
Laura

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! I hope you are doing well. Thanks for all the sweet comments you have left on my blog in the past, you are a sweetheart! Take care! Love, Tanna

Wendy said...

Yea! You finally made it...and got a new job...where's the new baby? I guess there are enough new babies in the family right now...maybe next year. :-)

Tara said...

Hey girl--I think this is the first time I've seen your blog...linked from Tanna's page. Congrats on your graduation--what an accomplishment!