Thursday, January 15, 2009

I should be working.....

Just a quick note-
I have not done so hot on my "diet" this week-but it isn't because I have been hanging out at McDonald's-it is because I have been sick! Tummy troubles and flu like symptoms do not make a girl want to eat 6 oz of protien and 4 oz of steamed anything! Crackers and sprite for me please!! Which are not on my program, and yes I could have had diet sprite and melba toast (which are on my program) but that doens't EVEN sound good-I am not a fan of diet sprite. I have really gotten off sodas all together, so Sprite is stretching it. Anyway, you get my drift. So I am going to weigh in tomorrow after being away for two weeks-time to face the music. EEEK! I will let you know tomorrow how that goes.

Now, for something that has been on my mind. You know from a previous post that I have a cavity. Or, at that time I thought I did, and I was right-instead of one, it is THREE. Serioulsy? I brush my teeth, honest. The one that I knew about, is a possible...GASP...root canal! Dr. said that she won't know until she gets in there. It may just be a deep cavity. Which means the difference in $130 or $640, the difference in me needing gas, or valium (she gave me a prescription just in case)....so I have been doing some serious praying over my tooth. I mean, I have done everything but pull the thing out and throw it to the heavens in hope that it is just a cavity, for my checking accounts sake, and for my santity, because the thought of a root canal just makes me want to hide, for a very long time. While praying over my tooth, I think "does God listen to little, silly prayers over things like teeth? Especially when others have much worse things like, um, cancer!" and then I have guilt for praying for my tooth. Then...
Last night I started a Beth Moore study on Esther, it was just the introduction. And she was talking about knowing that God is there,even if we can't feel Him. And she said that he listens to our prayers, even if we think they are small, everyday, not so important to Him-they are important to HIM. Can I get an AMEN for that??
So, the Dr. said that if my tooth isn't hurting all the time, throbbing, keeping me up at night, then it is more than likely just a cavity-and can I just tell you that it has barely bothered me since my appt?? WHOO HOO-and my appt to have the work done is in Feb.

Ok, back to work, just needed to share. have a terrfic thursday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I dont even know where to begin responding to your comment on my blog. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I was nervous about being honest, but I am glad I was. It is hard to be...but I do feel better. The words you said to me were so kind, and filled my heart with so much joy. My day just got better because of you and your thoughtful words.
God has a nice way of working those things out. He uses others to bring you up, and I just want to thank you. Im not good at commenting. I look at tons of blogs, but dont comment much...but this time I just had to. I hope you have a good night too.