Monday, April 14, 2008

Another new member of the Newton Fam










This is a BEFORE PIC-the only reason I loved this ice box is because it was covered in pics of my sweet nieces and nephews. Other than that, it was loud, old, didn't seal well...we got it a LONG time ago from a used appliance store...it served us well while we had it. Last night, when I had finally sat down and thought I could rest and watch Desperate Housewives...I hear this clicking noise. The compressor is trying its hardest to click on, but no luck. SO-I get to get up and pack up all our grocieries. Luckily, a friend of mine had some fridge space, so we carted bags upon bags of groceries over to her house. Tonight, we bit the bullet and went to Wichita. We shopped around and finally found our new fridge-it is SO pretty. I have never had a side by side-or one that has water and ice in the door-I am so beyond excited! Here are some pics. Thanks to Danny and Melissa for letting us store our food at your house and for helping us get it inside!




Excuse the mess I swept up from under the old one!





This is just a look with both doors open-isn't it pretty? I get excited over the weirdest things!




We have filtered ice and water! How wonderful is that? For someone who has to go through the drive through at Sonic to get ice...or who buys it at the store and then leaves without it-it is WONDERFUL! Plus, I haven't been drinking sodas so this is going to be great. I am so blessed-and spoiled. Barry is too good for me-

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Hey, I have that EXACT fridge! Weird.

Lyndsey Newton said...

Sweet-do you like it?? I was worried because there were so many to choose from and they aren't cheap!

Libby said...

Very nice!!! Can't wait to come and get a nice refreshing drink of water from it:)

Michelie said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your new frig. I know you are so proud. Especially the water and ice on the door.
:)