Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The coffee creamer gods are against me-or so I thought!

Last week I made my weekly trek to Walmart to do some grocery shopping. While looking over the coffee creamers I found a flavor that had my name written all over it-White Chocolate Coconut! I was SO excited. When I got up front to start checking out, I discovered that the lid on my creamer was busted...how did I miss that? So, the lady took it and I just figured I would wait to get some at a later time. Well, I thought about that creamer ...so the next day I went back to Walmart just for creamer...and that next morning I was all too excited to wake up to make a cup of Sumatra Extra Bold with my creamer. I brew the coffee in my Keurig, put in my Tbs of Splenda, get the creamer out of the fridge and go to open it-and there is no protective seal! No foil cover-nothing! How could this be happening? What's a girl gotta do to get some coffee creamer??!! I was tempted to just take my chances on whatever poison could be in there, but sadly, I just poured it all down the drain. The next day-I went to Target--trusty Target, and they actually had my creamer there! And it was on sale! I checked that bottle over like it was under arrest. I took the lid off, checked for seal, made sure there were no cracks...all was clear. FINALLY!

Fast forward to tonight-
We have been stuck inside all day due to an ice storm. I thought it would be nice to make us some hot chocolate. I like coffee creamer in my hot chocolate. Barry came in and I offered him some as well-thinking he would pass. Barry hates coffee and all things related to coffee. He thinks it smells so bad and cries like a baby any time I brew a pot-you would think I was boiling cabbage or something. That is one thing he likes about my Keurig-it is a single cup brewer and doesn't smell new as strong. So, he came over and looked at the choices of creamer-which prompted me to tell him the story I just bored you with above....and when I got to the point of the protective seal missing-he got a funny grin on his face......ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? HE was the one that opened it and DRANK some of the creamer! He hates coffee...what would ever make me think he would DRINK the creamer?? I explained to him the trouble I went to to get it and that I poured that bottle down the drain...and he just thought it was SO funny....He never ceases to amaze me. Oh well, we had a good laugh and can I just say-the coconut creamer is delish in hot chocolate too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious. I could totally see the same thing happening to David and I. I'm the coffee hater in our relationship though. Too funny!