skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Ok, so as some of you know I have been having tooth/dentist issues. I went and found out that I have three cavities, one of them is a possible root canal-she said she won't know until she gets in there. This whole thing stresses me out because it is ALOT of money. I shouldn't complain, because it is much, much more if we didn't have insurance. Anyway, I have been feeling pretty confident about it because it really hasn't been bothering me, which she said was a good sign it was just a cavity...until today. Holy mother of Pete, I have had to different times tonight where I had just shooting pain in that tooth-and I can tell it is to the nerve. I am afraid to eat or drink anything, the tooth is sensitive all of the sudden even to the touch. My appointment isn't until next Tuesday-first time she could get me in. So I will make due-and Barry said we will do whatever we have to financially and it will just work out. So-here is my question-and Tanna maybe you can ask Brandon-have any of you ever done "sedation dentistry"? The dentist gave me a prescription for valium-one to take the night before and one to take an hour before my appointment. I of course am having to stay the night at a friends house so that she can drive me to the dentist. I have never taken pain pills-but this is more for anxiety-because I am already working myself up over this-a week in advance-and the new pain in my tooth is not helping calm my fears! Will it really help me? Or will I just be really sleepy? Do any of you have these same fears or am I just weird? Can you help a sista out??
3 comments:
Yes it will help!! My sister in law did this when she had to get 8 cavities filled. It was great for her.
Also, I have had a root canal and it is really not that bad. I mean yes, it is uncomfortable but I didn't feel any pain.
Girl, first of all, I went to Brandons office last week and I have 8 cavities! Ha! ALl I do is brush my teeth. But, sometimes pregnancy can do this...he was not happy with me! So he filled half of them, then I go back for the other half.
Valium will not do anything for the pain. It will just calm you down, alot!! I had it before when I had gum surgery...and it will just make you tired and relaxed so you wont be sitting in the chair all tense. At least that is what it is supposed to do! It feels awesome, Brandon said he wanted me to take some next time for my cavity fillings! He said I move too much and it makes it hard on him! So take it for sure and it should calm you down some...
It works great. Brent had it before a procedure and all he talked about the drive there was about the pretty grass.
Post a Comment