The results of my MeeMaw's biopsy did not come back with good news. She does have breast cancer and she will go in for surgery on Thursday. They will do a mastectomy, possibly a double depending on what the dr. says today. I contemplated on whether or not I should blog about this, I mean, it's not like a whole lot of people read this anyway. But I figure that when you think about it, that is what a blog is-a way to journal. So I guess maybe just being honest will help me? Because ya'll-I am sad. I mean, in the most sincere of emotions-just heartbroken. Any of you that know me know that I am the tit bag of our family, the out and out drama queen. But this is serious. There are so many things to think about-this lady is the matriarch of our family. She is the strongest lady I know, and I know that I probably haven't told her how much I admire her and how blessed I am to be considered one of her grandchildren. One of her 15 grandchildren. 23 if you count in-laws, which we do! She has created a legacy. She has endured so much-from losing her spouse over twenty years ago, to raising 5 kids...she is the rock of our family. There are 12 great grandkids with 4 on the way. To say that she has led a blessed and fullfilled life is an understatement. This news doesn't just effect me-it effects a community of her friends as well. I am sad. I am scared. I am sad for my mom. I am sad that my children may not know her.
There is a lady here in my office that I have been talking to about this, before we knew the results. So I filled her in this morning, and shed a few tears...by lunch she had a call from her sister in N. Carolina-she has breast cancer.
I just ask for prayers for our family. Strength for my grandmother, a full recovery, no chemo..
Thanks for letting me vent. I just wish I were around my family right now-being away is hard.
Ireland’s Ring of Kerry
2 days ago
5 comments:
I'm sorry, that's so hard. My 80-something year old Aunt Lou had breast cancer a long time ago...maybe when I was in middle school. She had a mastectomy, no chemo..and she's still kicking!
Yes I will do that! For sure. I will ask for "special angels" for her too....even though she is not a baby:)
I read your entry when you posted it, I should have commented then...but I will be thinking of your family. Hard situation. I hate that you have to go through it, but she is FOR SURE in God's hands and there is no better place to be. Love, Tanna
It sounds like you are having a very hard time what with this news and not being by your family. I am so sorry. Life is so hard sometimes. Know that others care and are praying for and with you and your grandmother. She must be pretty special. Have you written down the wonderful things about her so you can tell her and make both of you feel good? Hang in there things will get better.
Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog. If I could see pics of your bathroom I might could help you a little more. A red bathroom is always pretty. I actually did a house "tour" a couple of months back so if you scroll through my older posts you will be able to see my bathrooms. :) Email me some pics if you want and I'll see what I can suggest. :) THanks!
I hope your spirits are lifted today in some way. Perhaps something fun--I tagged you in a fun game. Come over and see if you want to play!
Post a Comment