Monday, February 16, 2009

A week of NOTHING!

Seriously, I don't know what I will do with myself this week. Yesterday I cleaned house like a banchi and did all of the laundry. I also cooked up several meals for lunches this week. Barry went back to work last night after being home for 12 days (I am a little spoiled to having him home) so I don't have him at home to take care of....I literally have a week of nothing. I think that I am going to use this opportunity to start working out. My goal is to do the treadmill 3 times...and ya'll just read that I should have no excuses since I won't have anything going on! We joined the Wellness Center at the hospital last week. I would go there but I have a treadmill at home...I want to go there just for weights but I have no idea what to do or how many...so if any of you that read this (i.e. Tanna) ;) have any input or suggestions, I will take them gladly!
Tomorrow evening I am getting back into my ladies Bible Study on Ester. I have missed the last three weeks! First one was because of ice, the second was because of my root canal and last week I was being selfish and I just didn't want to leave Barry for the evening. He is never home and I just wanted to take advantage of our time together.

Have any of you seen a piece of duct tape after it has been on something for a long time? It almost hardens and the string starts to come out. Well that is basically what my Bible looks like. The binding of it has been duct taped on two sides, and now the duct tape is so old that the strings are coming out. I shamefully say that I have had to dust it off recently, but thankfully say that I am trying to be more into the Word. Why does it embarrass me to take my Bible with duct tape on it? Hairy, stringy duct tape at that? I got it the summer of my 5th grade year. It of course has my maiden name on it. I would like one with my married name on it, but I want to keep the good stuff-the pages, with 19 years of studying, notes, special verses from friends that are highlighted...perhaps that is something I will get myself next year-on the 1 year anniversary of my 29th birthday-since this sister isn't turning 30 ya'll....sorry! I love birthdays...as selfish as it sounds, I do. But next year will be the anniversary of a birthday! Me and 29 will be close by then, I'm sure.

Barry got me a new cell phone for my bday/vday present. I love it. It is so cute. I just need to find a cover for it. I never drop things-except my cell. My hands turn to butter and they just seem to slide out of my hands. And it is never graceful either-they other day (thankfully with my old phone) I was at Walmart and dropped it-and I swear it went into about 27 pieces all over the isle-and my trustly ol' Nokia went right back together and worked just fine!!

I can think of few things that would have made this past weekend any more perfect.
Have a blessed week!!

No comments: