Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Change

I don't handle change well.  I'll be honest.  But I do like new beginnings.  I think that is why the Spring semester is my favorite at work.  Not only is it a new semester, but a new year...fresh with no mistakes in it.  So I am attempting this weight loss thing--again.  I really just have to take things one day, one meal at a time.  So I will make note of what I DID do today, instead of harp myself on what I DIDN'T. 
1. I did use fat free half and half in my coffee this morning.
2. I did eat a good breakfast that consisted of a fiber and a fruit.
3.  I had a healthy lunch.
4. I have not had any sodas today-only water!
5. I had a fruit for a snack this afternoon.
6.  I did at least pack my clothes to bring to the gym. 
I didn't make it to the gym because I have managed to misplace my ID card for school.  I thought getting a new one would be no big deal, except they want to charge me $20 for a new one.  I don't think so!  I will go home tonight and look through some bags and cross my fingers I find it.  So, the good thing is that my bag is already backed for tomorrow.  If it weren't so blessed cold outside, I would walk outside, but it is COLD! 

I don't like the word --resolution--For me personally, resolutions never last.  It's like setting myself up to fail right off the bat.  So I have decided just to set personal goals each day.  Work on the things each day that I struggle with (getting to bed at a decent time, taking care of myself, eating too much salt, craving sweets, fighting with myself to go work out, etc.)

Just for fun, here is a pic for today...


Sweetest crime fighting heros I have ever known.  I seriously adore this picture.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Glad to see you blogging again! I struggle with eating good and exercise too! I have already had two chocolate chip cookies while sitting here reading your blog...and I'm about to go for another one...and I still have a long time before my shift is over!